Meetings and Events at Sea
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) have partnered to present Meetings & Events at Sea. This certificate program is your introduction to the advantages of hosting events on cruise ships as opposed to traditional venues. This interactive session highlights which types of meetings or events can be conducted onboard as well as provide valuable cost comparisons. This program will provide an insight into incentive trips and an overview of logistics and variables to consider when hosting your event at sea. It will walk participants through the meeting planning process and outline what to expect before, during and after your meeting or event at sea.
This certificate program is targeted towards meeting planning and cruise selling professionals new to meetings and events at sea. This is an introductory program and subject overview that lays the foundation for the subject matter and may not be ideal for experienced professionals.
- Identify the advantages of cruising and hosting events at sea
- Compare meetings and events at sea to traditional venues
- Explain the planning process for a meeting or event at sea
- Describe what to expect before, during, and after your meeting or event at sea
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Have a basic understanding of planning a meeting or event at sea
- Source information and know where to get additional resources for next steps
- Have the tools to match client need with cruise ship experience
At the completion of the 4-hour course, students receive an electronic certificate of completion as well as 4 CMP-IS clock hours.
This course does not have a test and there is not pass/fail. The focus is on education of current meeting and event options at sea.
4 Clock Hours available
Strategic Domain: Meeting or Event Design