Lunch & Learn: Understanding Difficult Contract Clauses with the MPI Greater New York Chapter
Date: November 3, 2017
Time: 11:00AM - 12:30PM
You must be registered to participate!
Rebroadcast sponsored by Kalahari Resorts & Conventions and MPI Greater New York
Proposed 1 Hour Domain D: Financial Management
Although performance clauses like attrition and cancellation are challenging,
it is sometimes the other clauses that create the biggest challenges. And beware to the group that overlooks them! During this rebroadcast of a session from WEC 2017, learn how to address issues like indemnification, construction and remodeling, conflicting in-house groups, surcharges and fees, assignment, and more. This session will help prepare you for trends that are affecting meetings and, by extension, meeting contracts.
- Know what to ask for and how to deal with pending construction and remodeling that may not have been on the radar at the time of contracting.
- Assess the effects of the current environment on contract negotiations—including everything from drone photography to the latest surcharges and fees being levied by hotels.
- Learn how to address in the contract the environmental and altruistic issues of concern to the meeting organizer and its attendees.
- Tyra Hilliard, PhD, Esq, CMP, Attorney and Professor, College of Coastal Georgia
- Jessie States, CMM, Head of Meeting Innovation, Meeting Professionals International